1. Your SEO is Bad or Non-existent
Did you know:
- 93% of online experiences begin with a search engine.
- 92% of global traffic comes from Google
- 46% of all searches on Google are for a local business or local service
- 75% of people never scroll past the first page of search engine results.
- Leads from search engines have a 14.6% close rate, while outbound leads (eg. cold-calling, direct mail, etc.) have a 1.7% close rate.
- 70-80% of people ignore paid search results, choosing to only click on organic search results.
- SEO drives 1000%+ more traffic than organic social media.
It doesn’t matter how incredible your website is, if nobody can find it then it may as well not exist.
Every single day there’s going to be people searching Google for what you offer, and more than 75% of all those people looking for you will never look past the first page of search results.
In fact, most people will never look past the top 5 search results.
Ranking on the first page, and especially in the top 5, is undoubtedly the best way for you to increase your traffic which will almost certainly result in a lot more leads and customers.
But obviously that’s easier said than done.
To increase your search engine rankings, you need a solid SEO strategy.
SEO stands for “Search Engine Optimization.” In simple terms, it means the process of improving and optimizing your site to increase its visibility for relevant searches in search engines such as Google.
Without effective Search Engine Optimisation your website will be very difficult for people to find, and you will only get a fraction of the customers you would otherwise be getting if you have a top ranking.
How to Fix This
SEO is not rocket science. If you have enough spare time and if you’re not in a competitive market you could possibly learn how to do it yourself.
AHREFS, a company that provides popular SEO tools has a free course that teaches you all the basics of SEO.
However, the more competitive your market is, the harder and more time consuming it gets, and you’ll almost certainly need to employ the services of a professional SEO agency or freelancer.